Top Tips For Event Planning
We have made the following recommendations on how to successfully plan your event
- Make sure you clearly identify your event objectives – what the event is aiming to achieve and how do you define success.
- Know who your target audience is and how you are going to reach them.
- Check whether any other similar events are taking place at the same time.
- Arrange regular planning meetings. Produce meeting notes with assigned action points.
- Book a suitable venue for the event. Don’t adapt the event to suit the venue that you had already booked.
- Draw up a detailed activity plan with deadline dates and assigned actions.
- Set up an event budget in an easy to use format and update it on a regular basis. Always include a contingency.
- Anticipate any risks associated with managing your event and have contingencies in place.
- Prepare procedures for key activities for example; processing registrations and handling payments, managing sponsors and exhibitors, speaker requirements, PR and marketing.
- Confirm the programme and keynote speakers early on so that prospective delegates know what they are attending. This is your product.
- Identify audio visual requirements early on as this may affect the number of delegates the meeting room can fit.
- Use checklists, plan ahead and don’t leave anything to the last minute.
- Remember there has to be a solution for everything.